Rodney D Gilbert

I was greatly saddened to hear of the University's plans to close PEAK. I can honestly say that enrolling for the MA in medical ethics and law has been one of the most worthwhile things I have ever done. I have gained enormous insight from my studies and honestly believe that the world would be a much better place if all doctors did a similar course. Keele has changed the way I think about the world; surely this is the ultimate goal of education.

Of course I recognise that the University, like all institutions, is feeling the effects of the governments financial cutbacks and the recession in general. However, I think that PEAK is one of the jewels in the Keele crown and the world will be a poorer place without it.

Yours sincerely

Rodney D Gilbert MMed(Paed), FRCPCH

Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist, Southampton General Hospital

Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Southampton

No comments:

Post a Comment